Sunday, May 2, 2010

The early Icelandic Horse photos from Annie

From Annie Shields, more great photos of the early Icelandic horses!
Annie,received an unexpected bonanza of photos of Icelandic horses from the '60's from Alan Koontz. A lot going on in this picture, horse being herded by motor cycle, etc. The house in the background belonged to Herbert Quick, the novelist and later became the home of Sam Ashelman, importer of Icelandic horses. It is in Berkeley Springs, W.V.


Bonnie Weiss helped Annie with the Icelandic's in Maryland and then later in West Virginia. Photo taken around 1967.



Buffy Ellis with friend and Tinna, during Tinna's stay in Washington D.C. McComb ST. playground in the background.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My maiden name was Jan Hughes. About 1967 or 68, I worked 2 or 3 summers with Annie Rickert, Buffy and Bonnie. I bought a horse from Annie, named Rebel. All black with a white star. He was eventually sold to Douglas Dillon, the former Sec of the Treasury. I have a few very old polaroids of my time at Coolfont. But I remember it so fondly. So glad to see these old photos. Where is Annie now?