Sunday, February 20, 2011

Photos of the Long Island Herd

Thanks to Amanda, we now have photos of the Long Island herd to share with you all. This is a special treat for me as you will see a little farther down the Blog.
It will take a couple of weeks to get all the photos up.


This little light colored buckskin Icelandic mare, was the first Icelandic horse I had. She was small, about 12.1 hands tall and loved to fly at the Pace. When I got her the Vet said she was 30+ years old, and had never seen a horse alive so old. ;O)
She was feisty when ridden by adults but oh so ever very gentle with babies and children.
I only have a couple of photos of her myself, will have dig them out and get them scanned soon.







The young man that started the whole business with the Long Island herd.



1 comment:

1stAngel said...

The first pony I ever rode, the one I learned to ride before almost I walked properly, was over 30 years old when I had outgrown her.

A little brown Shetland pony.

Gentle and gorgeous and I adored her.

I still remember having to get on a mini mounting block to get on her after a couple of years. I will never forget the day I was told she was now too small for me and was being retired. I thought my heart would break and never heal.

I have lost guys I didnt fret over as much ;)